1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hey Dale, That is one cool Dodge!! I still have a soft spot in my heart for the AWB cars. It this a local car? Will it be "tested" on the track? Good work my friend. Keep it up and we'll be asking for your autograph!!:D
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Dale, that thing is sweet!!! :yes: I too would love to see it run at a local track. I was a big fan of the mid-60's Mopars and this one brings back a lot of memories at the original Irwindale and the Winternationals. Nice work bro! :notworthy::salute:

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Red Car

I gotta say I opened this thread thinking I was going to hear something about Dale's red Nova not some MOPAR:D

I recall cars like that (no back seat I think aluminum fenders too) were built in limited numbers so they could race them as stock cars or something, do they still do anything like that? Mopar made the superbee with the 3' wing so it could race at Daytona and blow every body away until they outlawed the 426 hemi from the track.
ps
that MOPAR was cool

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Dale,

What are you trying to say with that front license plate?:eek::confused::D

Pretty cool car. Now, is it me, or does it seem that you have gotten very good at making these altered wheel-base car? This one must be a record. Que no?

GerryLP:cool:

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Yeah Dale, you are makin' it happen with AWB cars!! And this one brings me right back to the late '60s when these kinda cars were common on the streets of SoCal. Great job, and then some. RK

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, after two days of nothing but driving, I got it back home:

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/the-red-63/

With the help of my daughter, we decoded it. While not an SS, it has some cool stuff, and someone spent a good deal of time back in 1993, doing the body and paint. Its quite nice... Too nice to cut into for an altered!!:( But it will make an excellent runner, though. I'm back in the game.:yes:

Quite a stack of receipts from a completely rebuilt front end, to the little 283 being rebuilt back in 1990 from Metcalf Machine, in Petaluma, California. Some parts are missing, as far as trim and interior goes, but all in all, I'm hoping to get it back running quick, as it looks like it got fired off, and then upon a re-start(possibly to re-set the timing?), the starter snout cracked off!! Too much advance methinks!! I need to get all the boxes outta the trunk, to see what else is there, or missing, then make the wish list to send to my bretheren up at The Syndicate, to keep an eye out for parts!!

Here's a kicker:
Original, hand welded Flowmaster mufflers!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts