Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be printing this to hand out at the Donut Shop too. Just in case people want to meet us along the way or figure out where we went!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date - Saturday, July 11th
Starting location - Donut Shop, corner of Adams and Magnolia, Huntington Beach
Starting time - We'll be
leaving between 6:30-6:45

Start out from Donut Shop heading south on Magnolia to PCH. Turn left (south) on PCH and proceed approx. 16 miles to Ruby’s Auto Diner (a little past Nyes Place). We should be to Ruby's by approx 8:00. Figure about an hour or so for breakfast and that will have us leaving Ruby's around 9-9:30. After breakfast, proceed south approx. 5 miles to St. of the Green Lantern (just past Shoreline Dr.). ** Turn right, go to Cove, turn left down the hill to Dana Pt. Harbor Dr. Turn left and go to Island Way. Turn right and go to the “T” (which is Dana Dr.), turn right and go to the end for a “photo op.” We should arrive at the Dana Point "photo op" somewhere between 9:30-10:00. Figure about a half hour to 45 minutes for "photos" and we should be leaving around 10:00-10:30. After “photo op”, head back out to Island Way. Turn left and then turn right on Dana Pt. Harbor Dr. Go to PCH, turn right, staying in the middle lane, and get on the 5 Freeway North (heading for Los Angeles). Freeway driving will be only a couple miles in the slow lane!! Get off at Ortega Hwy Route 74, and turn right. Go approx. 2.5 miles to Antonio Pkwy. Turn left and go approx. 10 miles to Alas De Paz. Turn right and then turn left at the “T”, which will be Plano Trabuco. We will "hold up" on Plano Trabuco for everyone to catch up. Approx time will be 10:30-11:00. Plano Trabuco turns into Trabuco Cyn Rd. which then becomes Live Oak Cyn. Here is where things get real scenic!!
At the end of Live Oak Cyn you will come to another “T”. This will be “Cooks Corner”. We can turn right and see if there is any parking in the “upper lot” for another “photo op”. Arrival time at "Cooks Corner" will be approx 11:30. In any case, this will be the “separation spot” for those of you heading home to the north. You will be going through Santiago Canyon and can take it to either the 241 Toll Road North or all the way out to the 55 Freeway.
Those of us heading south will head the other way down El Toro Rd. all the way to Laguna Cyn Rd. going left to PCH. Turn right on PCH and head back to Huntington Beach for a cruise up Main Street (yeah baby!!).
Let’s have fun and be safe!!!

** Video people will want to turn right on St. of the Blue Lantern, which is one block past Green Lantern. There is a gazebo at the end of the street with an awesome view of the harbor and the winding road we will be taking down into Dana Point Harbor.

ALL TIMES ARE DEFINITELY APPROXIMATE AND I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR STRAGGERS!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'll be printing this to hand out at the Donut Shop too. Just in case people want to meet us along the way or figure out where we went!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start out from Donut Shop heading south on Magnolia to PCH. Turn left (south) on PCH and proceed approx. 16 miles to Ruby’s Auto Diner (a little past Nyes Place). After breakfast, proceed south approx. 5 miles to St. of the Green Lantern (just past Shoreline Dr.). ** Turn right, go to Cove, turn left down the hill to Dana Pt. Harbor Dr. Turn left and go to Island Way. Turn right and go to the “T” (which is Dana Dr.), turn right and go to the end for a “photo op.” After “photo op”, head back out to Island Way. Turn left and then turn right on Dana Pt. Harbor Dr. Go to PCH, turn right, staying in the middle lane, and get on the 5 Freeway North (heading for Los Angeles). Get off at Ortega Hwy Route 74, and turn right. Go approx. 2.5 miles to Antonio Pkwy. Turn left and go approx. 10 miles to Alas De Paz. Turn right and then turn left at the “T”, which will be Plano Trabuco. Plano Trabuco turns into Trabuco Cyn Rd. which then becomes Live Oak Cyn. Here is where things get real scenic!!
At the end of Live Oak Cyn you will come to another “T”. This will be “Cooks Corner”. We can turn right and see if there is any parking in the “upper lot” for another “photo op”. In any case, this will be the “separation spot” for those of you heading home to the north. You will be going through Santiago Canyon and can take it to either the 241 Toll Road North or all the way out to the 55 Freeway.
Those of us heading south will head the other way down El Toro Rd. all the way to Laguna Cyn Rd. going left to PCH. Turn right on PCH and head back to Huntington Beach for a cruise up Main Street (yeah baby!!).
Let’s have fun and be safe!!!

** Video people will want to turn right on St. of the Blue Lantern, which is one block past Green Lantern. There is a gazebo at the end of the street with an awesome view of the harbor and the winding road we will be taking down into Dana Point Harbor.
Great job ! Icant wait :no:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
This sounds like the route we took on the last PCH run..

I wonder if were going to hit that street with the 45 degree drop :eek: That was freaky

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I wonder if were going to hit that street with the 45 degree drop
Sounds like a lot of streets around Dana Point--we used to get some serious air under my insane drinking friend's old 66 Nova!! Poor car went thru hell until it met up with a concrete barricade at the end of a T intersection!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This sounds like the route we took on the last PCH run..

I wonder if were going to hit that street with the 45 degree drop :eek: That was freaky
It's almost like a couple years ago and don't "freak" out Freddie, we won't be going down 3rd Street again!!:D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
out of curiocity what time are you guys getting up or meeting at the donut shop are you talking about the donut cruise early in the morning :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Yet another thread on the PCH cruise. So what is the meeting time at the donut shop? How long are we on the 5 frwy north? Just checking to see if i will be able to keep up with my 4.10s:eek: Sounds like fun tryin though:yes:
Oh and what time are we looking at being at Cooks Corner? I just need to set up the sitter... Thx

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Just a little fyi. You'll have no problem with your 4.10's. 69novajoe has 4.88's. I've got 4.56's (sorta). I think if you get there at 6 you're late. 5 should be ok to find parking. It fills up quickly, especially in the summer with the nice weather we're getting

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
what about a 4500 stall converter and 3.73s or am i being a p**** are you guys meeting up for the donut deralic thing

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
what about a 4500 stall converter and 3.73s or am i being a p**** are you guys meeting up for the donut deralic thing

This is a Quote from '69Novajoe from the other PCH thread

" As for the details.......................

Date - Saturday, July 11th
Starting location - Donut Shop, corner of Adams and Magnolia, Huntington Beach
Starting time - We'll be leaving between 6:30-6:45
Breakfast - Looks like we'll be doing breakfast at Ruby's Autodiner again, in Laguna Beach.
Cruise route - When we leave the Donut Shop we'll just head out to PCH instead of going down Main Street. Those who will be going back to Huntington Beach later in the day can cruise it then. Should be really hopping by that time!! Anyway, after breakfast, we'll head down to Dana Point Harbor for a photo op. Then we'll head inland for a ride through part of San Juan Capistrano, Ladera Ranch, Rancho Santa Margarita and on to Live Oak Canyon. When we reach Cook's Corner we can either check out the parking situation or split up. The guys heading north can take Santiago Canyon north and the rest of us can head south on El Toro, ending back on PCH to hit "Ego Trip Lane", otherwise known as Main Street, Huntington Beach!!!

Any questions?? "

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't get off work till 7:am and am 2 miles away. I am at the corner of Ellis and Ward, so some of you guys drag your feet getting into your cars, or stop and drool a little extra at some of the hot cars in the lot, but don't tell joe.
I can be there by 7:05, otherwise guess I'll see ya at Rubys.

jim

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By Lyndons map for those who what to cruise back up the coast to PCH and Main st. It looks like we can get back on the (5) North to the (55) to PCH then turn right on PCH:yes: If you have a better plan lets hear it:yes::D
DON"T FORGET YOUR WALKIE TALKIES !! CH # 14
With my 4.88's, I'll be taking surface streets back to Huntington. That's why I mentioned taking El Toro Rd. back to Laguna Canyon Road and then out to PCH. It will be a "mad-house" in Laguna, I know, because of the Art Festival stuff going on, but it's what I have to put up with. You guys can take the freeway!!:yes::D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts