Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And so it begins.......few pics. Don’t think the belt drive is staying. Lol! Could buy quite a few other needed parts for what that costs!
441ci. Iron eagle raised bbc cam and raised deck, Callie’s magnum crank,Oliver rods JE blower positions , rings, cam ,crank,rod bearings. .904 lifter bores
I believe some stuff was coated and anodized. I’ll find out more when I speak to Larry.
Was a twin engine for a boat with 871’s on top.
Guy bailed and guy is parting them out. One went out to CA and one went to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That’ll be a serious build! Or engine I should say!
Yeah I hadn't planned on going that big or that much...but Larry knew I wanted to build a boost worthy engine and this deal was brought up to him and he thought of me and my build.
He knew it's was WAY overkill for me BUT he had to offer it to me before he bought it!
I got it for a little over half of what the sum of the parts cost and the machine work is already done.
I need to catch my breath as it's still not cheap but worth it.
It does however require a few special parts, Intake or spacers(raised deck) timing set(raised cam/ for BBC cam ) wider oil pan and pump driveshaft and slip collar distributor.
Oh yeah, a remote oil filter as there are no provisions for a spin on.
Like I said, need to save for the rest of the stuff now! Heads,cam,lifters,PR's,rocker arms.
I might look into Darts topend combo kits. They don't "have" to be killer heads as air will be forced though them! :eek: :D
Will see...
Shooting for 550 maybe 600 N/A at 9:1 then a few lbs of boost.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some track times. I would keep the belt drive.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Thought it was part of the deal. In that case, nothing wrong with a quality double roller lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts