Chevy Nova Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i recommend what is needed by the person asking for recommendation...

here's an excellent example of promoting a part that doesn't exist Bryan... you've been posting this info everywhere for quite sometime but yet according to CPP the part doesn't exist... http://www.novas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14606

there are multiple threads here at SNS along with others at TN. go ahead, pull all my threads and shoot me with the bullets of your expertise... when i make incorrect recommendations there are members in the checks & balance of things... i don't see you correcting me all to often. if you do, post the examples.

I TOO AM HERE TO HELP, but i'm trying to be accurate. you seem to be on a promotional bandwagon for one and a witch hunt on the other.

lemme ask ya... other than TRZ and NO clips... who do i go to for a Rack & Pinion ?

i could go to CPP and get a Unisteer but i hear from a reputable member it's garbage, he had a Unisteer and took it off and made a Rack kit of his own but it's non-existent... so... who do i go to ?

maybe i'm wrong but CBR is the most popular, maybe the only one but they sure won't get any nod from you. you recommend parts that don't even exist.

chew on that a bit Bryan and i'm sure you'll find a way to throw it back at me. i guess i'll be someone you constantly chase around to counter recommend parts and to try and repudiate any info i post...

http://www.novas.net/forums/showpost.php?p=113774&postcount=13

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
No need to chew on anything John. I got some information at SEMA about two PS boxes coming out soon and wanted to let everyone know there is another option. Same goes with other products I saw there after chatting with folks from different companies.

I think the posts that you and others made on this thread now make CPP very timid to post anything that would make you think they had a product available because of the rack kit challenges.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
yeah, uh-huh... you tell yourself whatever you need to convince yourself...
What I state is in good faith of what I know, without speculation that things are different, so there is no convincing myself of anything. I dont see what your beef is here John, but you sure have a hard on for me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
John,
I was there with Bryan when we talked to both CPP and Borgeson about their new power steering boxes. It was stated by Borgeson that their product was due out at the end of January 2011 and CPP that they were just a few weeks away from releasing theirs.
Dave

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
no doubt Dave and i never doubted Bryan either... my statement is that there's been the recommendation for the part when the part isn't available.

the way it reads is neither Borgeson or CPP has a product on the market. all i'm saying is if a member is working on their car and need a part... if it doesn't exist (today, now) don't recommend it.

now on the other hand...

"Hey, i see you're interested in this part... well it's not available yet, maybe soon... might be a few months. if you can wait, keep your eyes on... "

i'm thinking that'd be more accurate than to tell people to keep there eye on... and orders are being taken.

i see this as giving Bryan a taste of his own medicine. nothing mean, he's a friend. but it is what it is and he should be aware of what he's been doing. he kinda tossed a couple at me recently and the friendly toss of point is being tossed back. the point is regarding the basis of recommending parts when a recommendation is being asked for... you recommend according to that persons needs as accurate as possible. not necessarily on what may or may not exist in the near future...

·
Vendor
105 Posts
I want to set the record straight on a few mis-ques and this is not intended to be a challenge to John’s post. Also I have not read everything out there posted on this subject but I do know what is currently going on here at CPP on this subject.

“so at this site and others where it's been stated the box was announced at SEMA and orders are being taken is somewhat incorrect ?”

Absolutely incorrect, we displayed 3 of our new proto type boxes at Sema, 1 was for the 1962-67 Nova’s with some pictures of it installed in a Nova chassis and a sign that indicated that it is in the works for 2011, the main reason for this was to open discussions about the box and it’s unique features and to try to measure the industries interest. Interest from our Dealers not the retail public, after all our dealers are why we are at Sema in the first place.

“or are orders being taken for the box even though none exist ?”

No orders have been taken, not even a waiting list has been created. To date we haven’t even assigned a part number to the box and we don’t know the retail price. The price will be determined when all our final cost are calculated, but I’m certain the price will be several hundred dollars less than most rack and pinion kits, that’s 1 of our main goals to Keep it affordable.

“but i don't recommend parts that don't exist.”

The product does exist, the box is for real! But we are not recommending it at this point either, not until we are further along in this process. We are also not trying to say that it is a better option than other steering products that are currently on the market, we are simply letting our dealers and customers know what we will have available soon and at what stage we are at in the development and manufacturing process. With knowledge of what’s to come you can either move forward with a purchase of what’s available now or wait and see how this turns out, just having a choice is a good thing for every nova owner.

We will keep the forum informed as we continue to make progress on this exciting new product. This box is on the top of our “New Products” priority list and we hope it will be available by Spring.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Jeff,thanks for clearing this up.The P/S box sounds like it will be a really cool option for Nova guys.I am sure it will be a hit

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
GM pumps all run the same pressure (i'm unsure about the newer cars but assume it's the same)

some issues have popped up when guys run a clip with a Ford rack and a GM pump. due to pressure differences the car is rather twitchy at Hwy speeds. this can be corrected by re-valving the power steering pump.

this won't be needed i'm sure with the boxes from CPP or Borgeson. they'll be designed to work as a std GM power steering box would work... with a GM pump ;)

·
Vendor
105 Posts
I know that guy!! What a stroke he is! Notice how many times i said " take the world by surprise"?? On a serious note 2010 was a great year and alot of projects were completed. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
What about the 62-64? I think issue with the steering shaft being part of the box and insight on how that will work? Coupler and joint maybe?
CPP makes a column saver kit (that does exist) to use the stock column, and I am pretty sure it will work with the box along with a coupler, or they will make an adapter to do so. :yes:

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
I know that guy!! What a stroke he is! Notice how many times i said " take the world by surprise"?? On a serious note 2010 was a great year and alot of projects were completed. :thumbsup:
A couple of questions Jeff.
You said in the video this 1985 Cadillac caliper is no longer being rebuilt. It is still available from NAPA and O'Reilly's. Is your design better? Does it have a bigger piston like the S10 big bore metric caliper? Or a more reliable parking brake actuator? Is it aluminum? If so I would be interested in hearing more and possibly upgrading from the Eldorado calipers I have now.

This other caliper that was on the rack next to it..what application is it?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.