Chevy Nova Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys real quick i just wanted to post that i read that some members saw the new rack kit at thye CPP open house this weekend and its about 90% finished. The 10% left will be as hard to finish up as the first 90% but we are finishing it up! This kit has zero bumpsteer and has full turning radius. Keep in mind it only works with rear sump pans not the factory front sumps. I just wanted to clear the air as this kit is VERY close and i am wetting my pants as i need a few kits for my own cars. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thxs for the email response jeff! What about man. cost? Also any projected date for this? I would welcome the idea of having a few member to try this rack out and get some reviews:D will this work with the cpp arms?
No sweat bro, i think manual will be $649.00. I think it should be out pretty fast at this point, but i do not have an exact date. As far as members trying it out this is pretty much a proven unit back from when Brian (nogo) and CPP were playing with this back in the day. 100% yes it works with the cpp arms.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
isn't this the rack & pinion kit Bryan (NOGO) designed ?

according to his info it'd fit a front sump pan also... did you guys change Bryan's design ?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
isn't this the rack & pinion kit Bryan (NOGO) designed ?

according to his info it'd fit a front sump pan also... did you guys change Bryan's design ?

I though it was suppose to be designed after his too? How about some mock up pics. I think NOGOs design could work with either pan? I heard from people that veiwed this conversion that it was hanging as low as the pan. I think NOGOs was a rear mount too correct? Because CBR is the front mount design. Keep the info coming jeff. As you can tell there is alot of intrest on here.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Headers

One thing I did notice was it was real tight on the driver side. Is this only going to work with block headers? Also the kit is being tested with the CPP mini sub frame kit with stock spindles. Will this kit work with drop spindles? If so I am sure bump steer will not be "zero", please correct me if I am wrong here. Some of these questions were answered this weekend just thought I would throw them out for others to see the answers.

-Justin

·
Registered
92 Posts
Front sump, rear sump, I don't care...I want a manual one now. :turn: I'm going to start searching for a rear sump L6 pan right now...Just in case. Works with my CPP arms...awesome! Keep the info coming! I've been looking for this thread all winter.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
cpp r&p

:clap::clap:awesome!! was just going to ask about the progress,let the beatings begin. :horse::horse::horse:

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
As far as members trying it out this is pretty much a proven unit back from when Brian (nogo) and CPP were playing with this back in the day. 100% yes it works with the cpp arms.
Please correct me if i'm wrong but...................

The kit Bryan designed and played with was the one that was tested in the suspension shootout.

The kit you guys are going to offer hasn't been tested in the same manner by the same driver has it?

From what I saw of it, it's been changed enough that ya can't really say it's the same set-up that Bryan has :confused::confused:

·
Registered
508 Posts
well im not no engineer but i am a fabricator, and we have done a few rack set ups in the first and second gens, with the CPP kits. they work fine and are no lower than than the oil pan. we have done them in the front steer and rear steer. i will try and get some pics of one i did for my cousins car this weekend. the car is setting very low and we also modified the upper a-arms and mouted a set of QA1 coilovers in this set up. Im actully getting ready to do my wifes car once i get her CPP mini kit. i will post progress on that also.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Wow it is getting LOUD in here:yes:. I knew by emailing ou Jeff this migh open a can of worms. I was surprised you open a thread about it. We are all waiting to here hrom you(CPP):popcorn::pics::pics: Pics would be noce to see the comparison to NOGO design. Also will CPP be actually including some in DETAILED instructions? Oh! and the extra hardware found in most kits:D

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.