Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had posted on the site about the backfire in my carb and all of the recommendations were great. I did all of them and then we adjusted the heads and they were so tight that my dad broke a bolt off. So then we were going to take the heads in to get them machined and we saw that the cylinder walls were so pitted that we decided to just have to motor rebuilt. Well now we have it in!!!

So, here is what I am writing about. My exhaust. I wanted to do the side pipes that came out behind the front tire and ran to the back. But I was also going to put shorty headers on so I could do that. But they didn't fit for some unknown reason. They hit my stearing box. So I got the longer ones. But those come to far back to do what I wanted. What should I put on it now??? Glass packs or what??? I do want it to be loud by not to the point where you can carry on a convo when you are driving.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are you saying that I should put side exhaust on it? I think it looks really cool but I want it to sound good too.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Novachic, Do you want the side pipes or the pipes that come out in front of the rear tires? The sound will be determined by the type muffler you use not by where it comes out. You should be able to get either as long as you have room for the mufflers under the car floor. Round mufflers can be installed close to the driveshaft tunnel sometimes if you want those. They are usually loud glass packed mufflers.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I agrree. I am not a fan of side pipes either. But go with what you like, most side pipes have glass pack type muffs in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts