Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I busted off a 12.9 :D on my first pass. The last time the car was at the track it ran a 17.4 :eek:
I had to pedal it some and I short shifted it, I dident want to be too hard on the car cause I wasent sure how it would act. I let out before I crossed the line because I wasent too sure if the brakes would slow me down in time to turn at the return road :eek:

1:15pm today the DA was 6704
Im sure with better air and some sticky tires I could bring the 60ft down and bust off a low 12 or high 11 :D and then spray it :D
Not too bad for a moredoor on street tires.
I will try and get a vid of the race posted tonight or tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
454 forged lightweight pistons and rods 10.5:1 comp
Comp 236 int./242 exh roller cam
049 oval ports with big valves
torker 2 intake
800 Holley DP
Hooker super comps
Th350 4,000 stall
3.73's and a 28in tire

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
wow, sounds like a really good combo. I would be shocked if that doesnt have 11 secs in it with good tires and tuning.

have you had it dynoed?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
nice pass looks like it has a lot more in it .............. oh and doors too ......... j/k ha ha ha dont see to many moredoors running at the track in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
nice pass, that thing sounds good. put some drag radials on it, do a long smokey burnout & get on that converter @ the line, that thing should be movin.... good luck on ur next outing......

LIL JOHN

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran it again lastnight

I got some better tires but now I gatta work on the suspension alittle more cause it had a nasty wheel hop on take off. I think there is alittle more left in there.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
what kind or do you have any traction device i.e. caltrac bars, slapper bars , slid-a-links , what is your rear suspension set up ? i see your running a 28'' tall tire but how wide are they and how much air pressure where you running ? it has a ton left in it thats for sure :yes: how much timing was in it ? what did the plugs look like ? anyways good pass looks like you had a blast too

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason im running the torker 2 is to keep hood clerance.
I have some slapper bars on the car, I need to make some adjustments on them. The tires are MT et street radials 275/60/15 running on 18psi. The timing is at 36 deg, im not sure what the plugs look like cause the rain was comming and I had to make it home because I dont have wipers. :D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
The reason im running the torker 2 is to keep hood clerance.
I have some slapper bars on the car, I need to make some adjustments on them. The tires are MT et street radials 275/60/15 running on 18psi. The timing is at 36 deg, im not sure what the plugs look like cause the rain was comming and I had to make it home because I dont have wipers. :D
ah yeah that weather b**** can be mean sometimes ........ im in the same boat with no wipers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts