1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
ALL THAT AND NOT ONE PIC OF THE MOTOR! :mad:

·
Registered
397 Posts
It has more than one line lock, in case you REALLY need to hold the wheels.

It also has 2" valves on the intake and exhaust, but later he says they are 2.19 and 1.88. I guess he averaged them.

And CragErs.

Lastly, do these guys EVER think of breaking out the F-ing vacuum before snapping a shot?

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
I like the rare two-tach option. Let's you see rpm of piston power stroke independently of exhaust stroke :yes:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Lastly, do these guys EVER think of breaking out the F-ing vacuum before snapping a shot?
Well the seller is selling it, so he's not going to go through that work, just like the wiper motor and heater fan.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I like the rare two-tach option. Let's you see rpm of piston power stroke independently of exhaust stroke :yes:
I think the other one is to let you know when each piston stops at TDC.:D

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Wow... so the car being on Pinks is supposed to be worth more? :confused:

And double wow... the description is out of this world.

Stupid question: what's with the decking of the pistons? Never heard of that. What's the purpose of it? To reduce compression? :confused:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Wow... so the car being on Pinks is supposed to be worth more? :confused:

And double wow... the description is out of this world.

Stupid question: what's with the decking of the pistons? Never heard of that. What's the purpose of it? To reduce compression? :confused:
It would be too reduce compression, where decking the block will increase compression. I doubt if the pistons were decked, more likely the owner doesn't know what is up.

I decked a piston for a friend's big block about 25 years back. I did it with a hand held grinder and mine came out looking way better than the one he had done by a machine shop(who didn't charge him for it either). He had to do two pistons to match the ones he had that were bad. Motor ran great. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
The stupidity alone in this add should be good for a 4K reduction in price. :yes:
I didn't see the sticker but I'm sure this was built at the M.I.C.-K.E.Y. mouse academy of racing,:eek: And I more than agree about the shop vac statement!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
It would be too reduce compression, where decking the block will increase compression. I doubt if the pistons were decked, more likely the owner doesn't know what is up.

I decked a piston for a friend's big block about 25 years back. I did it with a hand held grinder and mine came out looking way better than the one he had done by a machine shop(who didn't charge him for it either). He had to do two pistons to match the ones he had that were bad. Motor ran great. :D
Cool, thanks. I learned something new. I assume this only works with flat top pistons.

And yeah, I agree that the owner doesn't seem to know much. The whole ad reads that way. And with the choice of pistons out there, wouldn't it be more expensive to bring them to a machine shop instead of getting the right ones anyway?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Cool, thanks. I learned something new. I assume this only works with flat top pistons.
My buddies was a pop up higher compression piston. I matched it to his others by taking a little off of the dome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts