Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the strip, does your time start when the light turns green or after its clocked your reaction time? does that make sence?
is your reaction time included in the final 1/8 or 1/4 time?

·
Registered
776 Posts
the time starts as soon as your car moves and triggers your reaction time, and no the reaction time is not included in your time. your reaction time is the amount of time from when the light turned green for your car to move. the et is from when your car moved til it crossed the finish line. hope this answers your question or at least helps.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya answers it perfectly. thats what i assumed but thought id ask the same question two different ways. thanks bud

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

so your each on your own time, but racing to cross the line first. what a great concept. lol ya thanks guys I know it was a rookie question, I appreciate you not laughing... out loud anyway. :eek:. I made a first run the other night. I was the last car to go through and i went by myself. I still haven't had my car on the dyno to have the afr set right and I have a few adjustments i want to make before I go all out but I went down the track to get a feel for it. It is definitely addicting and I hate to bench race ya but surely run low 12s as is. I need to get a lower gear in my ten bolt and a few more things up front. I made some adjustments to the clutch play and since have added sway bars front and rear and changed my cheap traction bars for a more desired mounting style. I'm definitely hooking up better and the clutch isn't slipping under heavy load no more. anyway, just rambling but thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts