Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 350 with a th400 attached. Due to the amount of changes needed for the nova I'm stickin with the PG. My question is I'm tryin to remove the tranny from the 350..and I've got most of the bolts out..is there a trick to separating the two when I take out the last bolts? (a quick convice with a 2x4..rubber mallett, iron bar!) Also ... is there a gasket or material that will go between the new engine and tranny...or do I just bolt them together with clean joints on each.:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
paulc said:
I bought a 350 with a th400 attached. Due to the amount of changes needed for the nova I'm stickin with the PG. My question is I'm tryin to remove the tranny from the 350..and I've got most of the bolts out..is there a trick to separating the two when I take out the last bolts? (a quick convice with a 2x4..rubber mallett, iron bar!) Also ... is there a gasket or material that will go between the new engine and tranny...or do I just bolt them together with clean joints on each.:confused:
I would make sure you undo the three torque convertor bolts too so that when you undo the last two bolts of the tranny it will likely just come apart...if not just give the tail end of the tranny a tap with a rubber mallet and that should allow the tranny (with convertor) to separate....the reason I say to unhook the convertor too is if you leave it bolted to the flywheel you will have to pull the tranny off of the convertor snout and you will also get tranny fluid all over the place...leaving it with the tranny will make your clean up easier......there isnt a gasket between the tranny and engine...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts