Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you transmission guys. I have a tci streetfighter tranny that only has a couple hundred miles on it an it seems to hang up and not shift from 2nd to 3rd, once it warms up. It shifts fine when shifting manually. My question is im planning on pulling the motor and tranny and was wondering what i should ask the tranny shop to look at or upgrade. This tranny does not feel as strong as tci claims it is. Thanks.

Len

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Is the vacuum line for the modulator valve collapsing, this will stop it from shifting into 3rd?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i agree with him ^^^^ if your going to have a trans shop look at it tell them you want it to shift hard in manual i would recommend replacing the clutches withe " red alto racing clutches " and the steels to " koleen steels '' i would recommend changing the direct clutch drum bushing to the wider one you might as well change them all i would also recommend changing the intermediate sprag and drum to a bigger one ( 34 element )

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think the line is collapsing but its possible. Maybe ill throw a new line on tomorrow and see if that changes things. If not i just ordered a rebuild manual so i may attempt to do the work myself. Thanks.

Len

1 - 4 of 4 Posts