Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some input on this conversion. A search of this site brought up only a couple threads from 2008, but they weren't very helpful in terms of what i may need.

If someone could help me get an all inclusive list of what i would need to do this myself or have it done professionally, I would appreciate it greatly!!

I'm not terribly worried about whether it is a Muncie M20-23, Saginaw, etc. just so long as I can make it work with a budget of around $2000.

I miss shifting gears and I can imagine this will make autocross tons more fun.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
for a Muncie you'd need the ChevyII "309" bell housing, the block adapter for the z bar as you have a non-chevyII block, the Zbar, upper & lower rods, the manual pedal assembly, 153 tooth flywheel & clutch assy, a shifter and a boot & plate...

ChevyII only sells a complete linkage kit... EVERYTHING you'd need less trans/shifter, housing & clutch assy...

you can do the job yourself for under 2,000.00... for a bit more i'd recommend an OD 5 speed...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did this same conversion about a year ago. If you chose a Muncie, make sure it has the "584" tail shaft housing. This housing will allow the shifter to fall in the correct location for the floor hump. I bought some OEM pedals and linkage from e bay. Most of the linkage turned out to be worn and or bent. The Chevy 2 only repalcement parts seem to fit fine. I did have to do some gusseting on the z bar pivot ball bracket as it was flexing too much in my opinion. Put about 2000 miles on it since and have had no issues at all. The car is much more fun to drive with the 4 speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts