Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TH350 that was overhauled by a friend...I know...but the price was right & he does good work. I have installed it & it works fine but the shift from 1-2 is delayed..not slipping but it continues in first for a second before shifting. I installed a Transgo TH350 1-2 shift kit & the delay is shorter but still there. How do I get an instant shift? My glide' before this shifted instantly but it was built by a trans shop with a Trango Auto-stick kit. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
It stays in first longer than yo want it to? It could be a vaccuum leak to the modulator, so it is not getting a good vaccuum signal. It could be an adjustable modulator that needs adjusting. It could also be the governor springs are too strong, so the it causes the shift to be delayed. It sounds like it just needs some fine tuning, not that it has a problem.

Randy (IMO anyway!):rolleyes:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree that it sounds like an adjustment. Have you talked to the person who rebuilt it? That would be the first thing i'd try. he would probably be willing to check it for you ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts