Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 with a th350 in my nova. Ever since i put the motor and tranny in i didnt hook up the vac line going to the tranny. So the tranny would only be in 1st, and no matter how much i reved, how fast i went, where i had the shifter, it stayed in 1st. Last night, i bent up some brake line and connected that to the back of the carb (edelbrock) and to the port on the back passenger side of the tranny. Did i do this correctly? I thinking i messed up because i just fired it up and it poped badly..i reved it alil and it popped again. Never did this before.. Thanks

Sean

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Use one of the small ports at the front of the carb.(the one that has full vacuum all the time) The rear one should be for the brake booster, if you have power brakes. Did you create a vacuum leak somewhere when you added the lines? Might be a little lean if it's leaking, and causing the popping.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like an idiot. I dissconected the tranny line and had it like it was to see if the poping would go away. But it stayed. I had messed with the spark plug wires last night to clean it up a bit and i had 2 and 4 messed up at the plugs. Fixed the problem. Ill reconnect the vac line and see if the tranny shifts.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts