Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going back to the Lone Star state...(Ft. Hood, TX). Anyone here in that area? Will be there by the end of july. Let me know what's going on in that area...been away from Texas for far to long.(4yrs.):chev:

:beer: :D :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
I been to Texas 3 times
: My older brothers graduation from Basic Training in 1982
: My Basic Training in 1993
: My wifes graduation from Basic Training in 1995

I had much more fun on two of the trips than the other one. I'll let you figure out the one I didn't enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
never been, but chatted with a guy from there and he hated it..its an army town right?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
73 Nova said:
Going back to the Lone Star state...(Ft. Hood, TX). Anyone here in that area? Will be there by the end of july. Let me know what's going on in that area...
i know in september every year, there is a show in gatesville. Its called the Leon River Fun Run (hosted by the 'Cruzin' Cruzers'. its a fun little show and saturday everyone always goes to the drive in!!! Can't find any info on it right now, but when i do, i'll post

also there is a free cruise in once a month in waco...usually brought between 100 and 200 cars each month

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1965proSTREET said:
i know in september every year, there is a show in gatesville. Its called the Leon River Fun Run (hosted by the 'Cruzin' Cruzers'. its a fun little show and saturday everyone always goes to the drive in!!! Can't find any info on it right now, but when i do, i'll post

also there is a free cruise in once a month in waco...usually brought between 100 and 200 cars each month

Awesome I can't wait!!! I'm originally from the San Antonio area and we always had shows and cruises...but since I've been in Hawaii nothin happens over here. I won't even get into trying to find parts here either mainly because they destroy all the old cars when they are junked. And shipping and handling fees will rape your wallet!

·
Premium Member
11,467 Posts
Nova_Guy said:
I been to Texas 3 times
: My older brothers graduation from Basic Training in 1982
: My Basic Training in 1993
: My wifes graduation from Basic Training in 1995

I had much more fun on two of the trips than the other one. I'll let you figure out the one I didn't enjoy.
Uh,......I'll take door #2.

Dan (who did his basic at Fort Polk);)

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Uh,......I'll take door #2.
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner, nothing like marching around all day in the hot sun looking at the back of some ones head! Really saw a lot of the base, looks like the back BDU cap.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
In far northwest Austin at Parmer Lane and Highway 1431 there is a get to gether every Saturday night in the Home Depot parking lot. Usually 150 to 200 cars of all types show up to just BS and look over all the cars. Very few ricers and everything is well behaved.You act up or create problems and you are asked to leave, no burn outs or excessive noise of any type. This is about an hours drive from Ft. Hood. It usually gets started anout 6 PM and breaks up about 10 PM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts