Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Look under the hood you will see two holes in the cross piece. These are your starting point measure of those to locate the other 5 holes. Unless you have a 68 hood the cross piece has no holes and you will have to make a templete from another hood that is what I did for my 68.

Jason

·
Registered
111 Posts
velevick your in luck, I am restoring a 1970 Nova SS and I just removed the hood louvers so I can repaint the hood. I went out and made some very detail measurements of the exact location of the factory holes in my hood. I made a CAD drawing that I convereted into a PDF file, if you would like to see it send me an email and I will send it to you. I used a straight edge and drew a line across the hood through all four of the rear mounting holes and out the the edge of the hood, from there I measured how far the holes are from the rear corners of the hood. Then I measured from where the line intersected the edge of the hood and got the distance to the outter and inner holes. From the same line I measured all the other holes. There is a difference in hole spacing of he inner and outter holes, all of which I show on the drawing.

I know how hard it can be to locate stuff like this, I had to do the same for the side louvers and the NOVA tag because the previouse owner removed them and filled the holes.

Jeff

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i'd be interested in this info if possible. i'd like ta add it to the Library.

can the pdf me posted or linked here ???

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
side louvers & Nova tag location

I would be interested in the drawings / measurements for the side louvers & Nova tag also. Could you e-mail or post here as the hood louvers were?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts