Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my electric fan controller and was wondering if it would be okay to put the sensor in the top of the waterpump? Will this give me an accurate reading, or will it read cooler there than the temp sensor I have in my manifold for my guage? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Wont the sensor in the top of the pump actually be reading the outlet of the radiator temp instead of the engine temp?? No sure but that is what I always thought.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wont the sensor in the top of the pump actually be reading the outlet of the radiator temp instead of the engine temp?? No sure but that is what I always thought.
Yeah it will. You should put the sensor in either the driver side cylinder head or the intake manifold next to the thermostat housing. Those should give you a good reading.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an air gap intake and the I have my temp. gauge sending unit in the front driver side of the manifold. There is a plug at the back driver side of the manifold, will that be a coolant journal that I could use. The pass side front one is running to my heater core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts