Chevy Nova Forum banner

Temecula Rod Run

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fast Eddie 
#1 ·
I had a chance to make a side trip today to the Rod Run that Fast Eddie is always trying to get the lot of us down to. All I can say is he ain't lying. We are missing the boat on this one, guys!!! Holy Cow! People, people, did I say people?? bands, food everywhere, partying lots of eye candy (and I'm not talking about just the cars!) I'll get the pics to Mike tomorrow to post up. Very cool sitting with Ed and talking, meeting up with Roger Dunlap(bladeys) and seeing some cool, and wild rides!! Mark it for next year, its a must attend in my opinion!!! Thanks Ed for getting me down there!!!

Dale

#6 ·
Guys, the event just gets better every year. The food, wine tasting, vendors are all in good taste. There is always a good turnover of cars, you have your regulars like myself but there is always someone new. No make of cars dominate the show. Ray and Randy keep it simple and keep the crowd entertained with drawings and live music. This being SoCal the weather is great and the eye candy is at it's best. I recommended to Dale that I can get a sport park just of the road that parks about 200. Afterwards we could cruise the wine country. We have over 35 vineries for tasting.

As always it was good seeing Dale and a number of Nova owners. I also came across a little history of my own yesterday. I found a car that goes back to younger days, I was 17 the first time I saw this car and became involved in with the LA Streetracers. The car has been painted flat black and has a sbc with a tunnel ram in place of a 409 that was set back 12 inches, a Torqueflite, and an Olds rearend. What made this car unique in the fact it was it was owned by Bill Kuhn (Mr. Wedge) and driven by Marvin Miller. It had the prototype of the first NOS developed by Marv and his Dad. The car was an unusual mix of parts to include a 55 Chevy body (yellow) and a 56 fiberglass flip front end. Ugly was an understatement and deceptively fast to the tune of me winning $500 in one night. Quite a windfall for a college student back in the day.

Please consider the next event or even a future place for the annual BBQ. I don't think you will be disappointed.

#7 ·
I recommended to Dale that I can get a sport park just of the road that parks about 200. Afterwards we could cruise the wine country. We have over 35 vineries for tasting.

Please consider the next event or even a future place for the annual BBQ. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Do I hear a MFR coming up your way Eddie? I think that area would make a nice cruise. Maybe up to one of the lakes around there and have a picnic.

#12 ·
Eddie,

I remember Marvin Miller bringing that 55/56 Chevy (with his nitrous 409), to Big Willie's Brotherhood of Street Racers meetings on Sunday nights in Fullerton, at the same parking lot we're meeting at for this coming Saturday's cruise to CPP. Man, those were the days! RK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.