Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any info regarding whether you use the stock transmisson crossmember and tranny mount with the TCI clip? also to try to set up the exhaust without putting out the high dollars for the TCI set. Can street rod block huggers be used as a lesser expensive alternative or what if any alternatives are there? thanks for your help.:confused:

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
The TCI subframe moves the engine to the center. You can use your stock transmission crossmember but you will need to modify it to place the transmission in the center of your car. The street rod type block hugger headers will work fine. You will loose a little performance over a set of full length headers.
Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim, is there a bolt in replacement to purchase that fixes this issue on the tranny crossmember?

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
I don't know of any crossmember that you can buy to move the trans to the center. You will need to modify your stock crossmember.
Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tim, with the tranny mounted on the crossmemebr but not bolted in, does the tranny typically appear to be very close to the driverside of the tranny tunnel. The governer cover appears to be very close to the side of the tranny tunnel. Is that what I should expect to see. I had to push the tail shaft of the tranny over almost 1 inch to get it to bolt into the existing holes in the crossmember and that just didn't feel right. can you help?
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts