Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the tci pro touring for my 1966 nova about 8 years ago . It has standard height spindles and standard rotors. I am ready to buy wheels but not sure what size will fit. I like to go with a15x6" wheel with a 195/60 tire. My back space choices are 3.26,3.66" or a 7" wheel with 3.76" bs and a 205/60 tire. I am open to other suggestions any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Those sound like very conservative tire and wheel sizes to be putting on a Pro Touring clip. I’ve seen a lot bigger meat put up there..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those sound like very conservative tire and wheel sizes to be putting on a Pro Touring clip. I’ve seen a lot bigger meat put up there..
I don't mind going bigger. I just don't know how big I can go with the standard spindles and 15" rims

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
a lot of your size tire an wheel depends on those rotors, are they moving out the mounting surface from what a stock drum would be. so my rotors surface on my 66 got moved out 5/8ths. '' from stock. so i had to go to a ralley 14'' x 6'' with 4 3/8th BS. an running a 205 70 14'' tire. i can turn lock to lock an no rubs on manual steering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a lot of your size tire an wheel depends on those rotors, are they moving out the mounting surface from what a stock drum would be. so my rotors surface on my 66 got moved out 5/8ths. '' from stock. so i had to go to a ralley 14'' x 6'' with 4 3/8th BS. an running a 205 70 14'' tire. i can turn lock to lock an no rubs on manual steering.
The pro touring is designed for wide tires It is designed narrower . What I am worried about is with the standard height spindles is clearing the calipers and spindle. I hear it can be a problem with the standard spindles and 15'" rims

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You should check out this thread there’s a lot of TCI technical information in there..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts