Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Stuck Between a TCI or a Checkered Racing front suspension. Can do all upgrades on a Checkered Racing and still $1000.00 less than TCI. Any thoughts or tips in what to do also Heidt's is in there with the coil spring front but thinking the ride is better with the coilovers...
Check out the Speedway clip ??? The two you mentioned are nice pieces but over priced IMO.
Automotive wheel system Machine Wheel Auto part Rim

$2999.00

·
Registered
29 Posts
So, as a newbie to Nova's, what headers are y'all running when doing this type of build? Mine was done before I purchased it with the Checkered Racing setup. The steering shaft is on the headers. On. The. Headers. So, I am looking at my options on how to correct the issue. I really do not want to go back to manifolds and with the exhaust system complete with long tubes, I am worried that I will have to redo everything if there isn't any good solution. Motor is a 350.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So, as a newbie to Nova's, what headers are y'all running when doing this type of build? Mine was done before I purchased it with the Checkered Racing setup. The steering shaft is on the headers. On. The. Headers. So, I am looking at my options on how to correct the issue. I really do not want to go back to manifolds and with the exhaust system complete with long tubes, I am worried that I will have to redo everything if there isn't any good solution. Motor is a 350.
Wondering this too.. Building up my parts for a build and have not see exactly what others are using.. TIA

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered Dougs headers from Summit. I could not be happier! They hug the block perfectly and the quality seems very good. Now, the price....

The reason for Summit as they will take them back if you can't make them work (as long as you have not installed anyway) as I was worried they would not fit the way I wanted. Doug's Headers D317-B Doug's Headers | Summit Racing

The one on the left is a typical set - you can see the indent for the steering shaft required.. The one on the right is the Dougs Header.

White Black Grey Automotive exterior Font

You can see how much clearance I have now.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I ordered Dougs headers from Summit. I could not be happier! They hug the block perfectly and the quality seems very good. Now, the price....

The reason for Summit as they will take them back if you can't make them work (as long as you have not installed anyway) as I was worried they would not fit the way I wanted. Doug's Headers D317-B Doug's Headers | Summit Racing

The one on the left is a typical set - you can see the indent for the steering shaft required.. The one on the right is the Dougs Header.

View attachment 442389

View attachment 442391
Will those work with a TCI clip?

·
Registered
598 Posts

I'm running those with a stock clip and CBR rack and pinion and they fit easily.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts