Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed tci front clip on my wagon ride height is high. Contacted tci and they said springs would come down after driving about 200 miles. Everyone i talk to says they don't see these springs comming down with out cutting them. Looking for opinions from people that have installed this kit on their novas. Ride and drives like lumber wagon now. Need opinions asap

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Ahhh? Engine. Gonna assume a V8. They are tight when new. But I ended up clipping mine off a lil bit. I forget how much, that was years ago. I used an abrasive saw, no heat. And it lowered it to acceptable limits for me. I have them off now, just removed them. So I measured them. They are 13" at rest. And they are 13 years old but still new, no driving on them but they have supported the car this whole time. I think, from memory I took an inch off.

If you want Ill give them to you to try out before you cut yours. Freebie, just pay for shipping. Lemme know. JR

Oh crap!! I should ask, what TCI front. Dummy me, I have TCI arms and I just assumed they were mustang II springs. Sorry..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh? Engine. Gonna assume a V8. They are tight when new. But I ended up clipping mine off a lil bit. I forget how much, that was years ago. I used an abrasive saw, no heat. And it lowered it to acceptable limits for me. I have them off now, just removed them. So I measured them. They are 13" at rest. And they are 13 years old but still new, no driving on them but they have supported the car this whole time. I think, from memory I took an inch off.

If you want Ill give them to you to try out before you cut yours. Freebie, just pay for shipping. Lemme know. JR

Oh crap!! I should ask, what TCI front. Dummy me, I have TCI arms and I just assumed they were mustang II springs. Sorry..
Thanks for info, may get back with you on trying your springs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randy,

I installed the same kit on my 67 nova wagon and yes it did sit high, I then drove it in my local canyon with lots of turns and it settled right away. just give it some time.
When it settled did you have it realigned and about how many miles did it take to settle down. Also when it settled down did it ride better

·
Registered
207 Posts
about 100 miles like i said i drove it in the canyons, so it put a lot of load on the suspension. if you have a canyon do it that way. the car does not handle like my 66 El Camino. i converted to a pwr rack and it seems to dive R/L when i steer it hard, that is another reason why i want to do the coil-over system.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I put a complete TCI setup last year in a non-nova project. The springs did settle a bit, but not over 1".

To get the righ look, I installed the 2" drop spindles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts