Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i NEED to buy a new ididit steering column for a tci front clip install? or will the stock one fit?

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
You can check with IBUILDM on this site and he can fix you up with parts necessary to use you existing column if you wish.
I have a two pieCe kit from Heidts that is made to fit your 67 column. The 67 column is the only year that disconnects from the box without a hacksaw. You need the SC-232 adapter and the shaft and u-joint kit SC-239 for a manual rack or the SC-249 for a power rack. They both sell together for $204. If you want a new Ididit tilt column and u-joint/shaft kit plan on spending about $520.
Tim

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You do not have to buy the expensive ididt column. You can make your stock column work. Or if you want tilt steering, you can adapt a column out of another vehicle. Probably the best one to use ,if you can find one, is the tilt column from a 72-78/79 Chevy van. But has to be shortened around 2 1/2- 3" to match the length of the stock nova column. I put one in my 64 and it works great. You don't even have to use the steering shaft kits mentioned above if you're good at fabrication and mixing/matching parts.
If money isn't an issuie, go with the shaft kits or ididit tilt column. Its usually easier and faster that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts