Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new rubber for my Nova, so I thought I would use my 14" wheels this time, but BF Goodrich is out stock on their 245 60 14 and they have no date when they'll have more. From what I understand, they're the only one's who make this size 14" tire. I may have to go with a smaller tire or just go back to 15".

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Summit has them in stock as well.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Have you looked at firestone firehawks indy 500's, last time i got these they had 245/60-14 and they are a way better tire than bfg's for traction and have a wider tread footprint, even my 454 has a hard time spinning these.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Have you looked at firestone firehawks indy 500's, last time i got these they had 245/60-14 and they are a way better tire than bfg's for traction and have a wider tread footprint, even my 454 has a hard time spinning these.
I agree. I really like this tire. The only bad thing is they tend to hold on to small stones. I've gotten more chips since I put these on. I bought them from Tirerack who delivered them to a recommended installer (Goodyear dealer) who had the best deal on mounting.

Don

·
Registered
681 Posts
pretty soon all we will have is 16,17...ect..
like everything esle... they're not catering to the caucasion markets anymore.

long live 24" Wagon Wheel rims and lime-green metal flake!

Yeah! I'm all over that .. whoop-whoop!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. I really like this tire. The only bad thing is they tend to hold on to small stones. I've gotten more chips since I put these on. I bought them from Tirerack who delivered them to a recommended installer (Goodyear dealer) who had the best deal on mounting.

Don
I forgot all about these, I'll look into them. I do remember running these back in the day.:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
225 70 14 is all I can find.:( I'll have to call a dealer tomorrow today's a holiday for us.:yes:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I have two on my nova but they would have to be removed from the rims. They arent perfect though.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe place a Want Ad in the BS section...???

:D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D
OK, I want to know where I can find them in Canada!:devil:

How's that?:rolleyes::D Oh, wrong section!

Anyone seen a Mod?:confused::eek:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
OK, I want to know where I can find them in Canada!:devil:

How's that?:rolleyes::D Oh, wrong section!

Anyone seen a Mod?:confused::eek:
Come drive down Im not that far. If you want the rims too Ill sell them cheap and throw in the tires.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come drive down Im not that far. If you want the rims too Ill sell them cheap and throw in the tires.
If I don't come up with anything tomorrow, I'll PM you.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you looked at the BF Goodrich Canada site.... ????
Maybe you can find a dealer listed that has some....

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/bfg/index.jsp
Ya that's where I found a few dealers that said there was no stock, with everything closed to day I'll need to wait for Tuesday to call more dealers and hopefully find a set.

Thanks for the link :yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shaggy, is that a 245 60 14? The TA's I have on the Nova now, have the older tread pattern then yours!:eek: They dry rotted and I don't want to even risk using them, 1/4's are too much work to change!:(:yes:

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
When I sold my wheels with T/A's last Fall, the guy that bought them told me that he couldn't find anyone that carried 14" TAs, so he bought mine, which were in new condition. He really didn't like the Craigers, he just wanted the tires. I guess 14" tires will be a thing of the past in the near future. All 5 tires were 245-60 x14's.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
tires...

the tire rack website shows thee bfg t/a is available in that size....i have just been trying on the firestone indy 500's for size...we have them on the 68 yellow car....going to put them on the 70 L78 th400 car....225/70/15 front 235/70/15 rear they also make a 255/70/15 that is an inch taller and about a 1/2" wider...that also looks tempting for the rears...I will post some photos next week.

wilma

1 - 20 of 22 Posts