1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tanker Racing's 9 Second 1965 Nova Wagon

Year: 1965

Model: Chevy II 2 door Wagon

Engine: 406 SBC Fuel Injected on Methanol.

Body/Exterior: Yellow 2 door custom model with 4 different color stripes.

Front End: I think is from a mustang or capri

Transmission: Air shifted Turbo 400

Rear End: Oldsmobile - 5.38

Exhaust: Open Headers

Wheels/Tires: Weld Racing Pro Star Wheels with Goodyear front runners and 14" x 32" Goodyear slicks.

Interior: Aluminum

Electrical: MSD, Electronics including delay box.

Accessories/Options: Wheelie Bars and Parachute!

Sound system: Decoy for looks!

Comments:
- The car runs 9.60's @ 140 mph in the quarter mile and 6.00's @ 112 mph in the eighth mile!
- It weighs in about 2900lb with my hefty butt in it!
- This car was built from the ground up by my Father and myself. My Father passed away in early December... Let me know if you like what we have done to it! I want to continue the tradition!

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
i feel your pain man, my father passed away in December as well and like you we were building up our nova, went from nothing to something special, your wagon is bad*** leave it like it is and dont ever get rid of it keep it in his memory, im finishing it for him

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Hey man I see you finally found us. I still say that is one BAD [email protected]# wagon. If it were me I keep that thing, I am sure that is what you dad would want you to do. I a sorry for your loss. But I am sure he is in a better place now. Again I am glad see you found us.

Robert L. Penn

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
thats a bad rrrsss wagon i would leave it alone keep in memory of or father. so you can look back on it and just remember the good ol times. sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...

Thanks for all the nice comments about the car! It's amazing what can be done with time and a little hard work! :turn:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wtf!

That's awesome.I don't care for 65 Novas but that wagon looks sweet.I like 65 WAGONS now! And a 2 door? I was told they didn't make 2 door wagons!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
65 wagon

Sorry about your DAD.Me and my son built a65 wagon 64 2dr sedan,in progress 65 2dr sedan with straight axle.Sons wagon 9.80 on motor 4.10 olds rear.540 cu 400turbo with brake.Ladder bar rear stock front.Mine 10.92 383 cu 350tubo 4.11 raer caltracks stock front

·
Registered
115 Posts
that is an amazing car man, sorry to hear about your father

·
Registered
751 Posts
WELCOME TO THIS SITE. GREAT CAR.SORRY ABOUT YOUR FATHER. HE IS STILL WITH YOU EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN THE CAR. :chev::cool::thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2 Door Wagon...

That's awesome.I don't care for 65 Novas but that wagon looks sweet.I like 65 WAGONS now! And a 2 door? I was told they didn't make 2 door wagons!

They didn't make a production 2 door wagon...this one is custom built. The only thing I wish we would have done is...Put the 2 door sedan, doors on it. Which are about 6 inches longer than the door that's on it. Then we would have had to move the door post and that was a lot more work at the time. But it would have made it look more like a production 2 door wagon!

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
They didn't make a production 2 door wagon...this one is custom built. The only thing I wish we would have done is...Put the 2 door sedan, doors on it. Which are about 6 inches longer than the door that's on it. Then we would have had to move the door post and that was a lot more work at the time. But it would have made it look more like a production 2 door wagon!
I have one question for you. What kind of front clip is that? Is it a Chris Alston tubular clip?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have one question for you. What kind of front clip is that? Is it a Chris Alston tubular clip?
No...it was all hand fabricated by my Father! He was truly an amazing person! He built this car from the ground up! What size motor are you going to? Still a small block? I'm thinking about going back to the 283 and putting it on E-85 for next year!!! :yes:

I ran into someone he had setup a rearend for years back at the track last year...The guy seemed kinda upset and asked if he was around. I said no, but can I help you? He said the rearend he setup for me broke...I said oh that sucks sorry to hear that... He said well I guess I souldn't complain too much this was only the 18th year of running with the same setup! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
NICE. I WANT!!

I love that 2 door look. My hunk is scheduled to hit the chassis shop May 17 for its back-halving as Im not capable to do that kind of work. We discussed the wheel opening for the tires, and it was determined that the quarter panel would need to be worked on, but after I got home, I realized that on the wagon, it can only go backwards! I guess the axle will have to be moved back and I'll need to get a new drive shaft.

Mind if I shoot you a PM about that 2 door setup?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts