Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a 70 with DSE mini tubbs. Currently running 295/55/15... Does anyone know if a 30x12 or 29x12 tall tire will fit under without rubbing issues.. Looking to buy a 30x12 Mickey Thompson SR Radial for the street or a Hoosier 29x12 Pro Street tire for second pair of wheels..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Down Under Type Dude

Have a 70 with DSE mini tubbs. Currently running 295/55/15... Does anyone know if a 30x12 or 29x12 tall tire will fit under without rubbing issues.. Looking to buy a 30x12 Mickey Thompson SR Radial for the street or a Hoosier 29x12 Pro Street tire for second pair of wheels..
I was taught to make my tire out of cardboard before i bought. I am sure there are newer ways but cardboard and tape are cheap.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At between $450-500 a tire i really didn't want to guess.. plus not many cars down this way run that size so trying to sell them if they didn't fit would be me loosing $$$$$...

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's genuinely hard to say, because there are so many factors that play a role in "fitting" or not.

-Rearend width
-Wheel width
-Wheel offset
-Suspension ride height
-Suspension configuration
-Quarter panel modifications

Once you get past sock width rear axles and tubs, it's kind of a guessing game as to what will "fit".

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's genuinely hard to say, because there are so many factors that play a role in "fitting" or not.

-Rearend width
-Wheel width
-Wheel offset
-Suspension ride height
-Suspension configuration
-Quarter panel modifications

Once you get past sock width rear axles and tubs, it's kind of a guessing game as to what will "fit".
What he said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dunrite66,
before lasers and computers there were pencils and tape measures. Make yourself a square tire out of cardboard the size you want, shave the corners if needed. Cut a hole for the axle and see if it fits.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all good... scored a worn pair of 315/60/15 MT R's... i will fit them up to a spare wheel and see what happens... they are 30'' tall ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts