Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 nova/ 350 sbc / power brakes / Edelbrock RPM heads

I have my engine out at the moment and I ordered some replacement valve covers. They are the tall version...do tall valve covers fit under the brake booster?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
and that's where all or ChevyII's are just slightly different from others...

on my '65 wagon with a 9" brake booster tall covers would NOT fit. they wouldn't install unless the booster assembly was disconnected and pulled from the firewall. i said forget it and installed short covers...

take a look at what clearance you have and see if you can eyeball a measurement... some covers cost a bit of change and it'd be a bear if they don't fit your car...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor will go back in this weekend if I don't drag my feet too much. I had brodix heads before, they were taller, so I might get lucky. I just looked at the CPP mstr cyl and booster set up...it looks like you can specify booster size from 7" to 11". I think I have my answer! I plan on replacing most the brake parts soon anyhow.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll assume the smaller the booster the less boost you get...right?

I'm not at home so I'm guessing my current booster is 9". But it looks old and probably doesnt work worth a crap. At least I dont feel it doing much when I drive.

I think I just stole my own thread, but I want to talk about boosters now!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have a source for plain black short style valve covers? One hole on each side.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do on mine - by about an 1/8" +/-.. you will have to leave them off when you drop the motor back in.. depending on the motor mounts etc. you might need to wiggle them in.. unless you have a really big booster - I think mine is a 9"..... - I have a first gen BTW...
I ended up the same...bout an 1/8"...but they fit! Of course I already bought the CPP Power Brake Booster disc/drum, kit. CPP says they only make the 9" now, but when I ordered it I got the 8"????? The booster is so thick it seems the mastercyl will end up in the shock tower, so I haven't taken anything apart yet. I called the tech line, they said its tight but it fits.

Anyone have experience with the 6267BB2 HM with the 8" booster on a second gen?

By the way...its runnin now!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts