Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
what year nova? 68/74? the BBC frame mounts.... then bolt it in..

other considerations... custom headers, tall deck intake, tall deck distributor, NO power Brakes.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
your going to stick in a Tall deck BBC and your not going to have power brakes because of interference.. and you think the heater core is not gong to be a problem?:confused:

the deck is raised (in round figures) 1/2 inch.. .400 to be exact... you going from a 9.8 inch deck to a 10.2 inch deck.... that means the heads are spread about 1/2' wider per side....:eek:

Custom headers here I come!

AND YES... the heater core.. If you decide to keep it will need some real massaging to keep it :eek:

and you Wont have STOCK power brakes.. you will be lucky if a 8" dual diaphragm booster will fit with tall valve covers.....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a small block now. i think im going to stick to a standard deck big block. it doesnt seem worth it to me. i mainly drive mine on the street. i think a standard deck 540 will do fine. but the heater core and the cover on the fire wall.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Yes, the heater box is the same, only the cover and core are different.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
WITH A TALL DECK? I bet ya have to remove or heavily modify the core cover as with the stock BBC mounts moving the engine over 1" to the passenger side and then the heads spread and raised a good 1/2" in both directions... you would never get the valve cover on the passenger side.. let alone get in on the booster side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts