Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to my engine builder's shop today and seen this. Talk about some major damage. This came out of a Late model dirt car. The funny thing is the guy was only on the warm up lap and was only at 3500 rpm's when this happen. That is a GM steel crank with some crower 5.7 rod's. The only thing that they "THINK" it might be is the crank has been in this motor since 2000'.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither have I or Brent. This taken at Brent shop. He built this motor back in 2000' and he can not figure out what happen.:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had that with a stock crank. Seven years in the cradle, and she broke in two places. Now I'm using aftermarket for a good reason!

Derek
Yea me to that is why I bought a Lunati Pro series crank. This one was in a late model dirt car and was over 9 year's old.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yea me to that is why I bought a Lunati Pro series crank. This one was in a late model dirt car and was over 9 year's old.
that's good to know...in other words a well built motor with a stock crank is more than adequate for the average street strip car!

·
Registered
595 Posts
that's good to know...in other words a well built motor with a stock crank is more than adequate for the average street strip car!
ABSOLUTELY!!! In fact we run stock cranks in many of our 10-11 second drag strip only motors. They are not ideal once you start pushing some serious horsepower, but just fine for mild stuff especially under 6500 RPM's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ugly, ive seen a north american made aftermarket stroker crank break similar to that before. but it was no mystery, totally porous casting, major defect.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Strong rod!!!!:yes::yes:

Crank shaft thats been roundy round racing for 8 season's.:eek:

You can not blame the crank! :no:

Al

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strong rod!!!!:yes::yes:

Crank shaft thats been roundy round racing for 8 season's.:eek:

You can not blame the crank! :no:

Al
Yea that C/rod is bent in 5 different places and did not break. Oh those are some corillo(SP)rod's 5.7 to be exact. they are forged not billet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts