Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, can someone shoot me a link or a video on how to get the wing (vent) window out and taken apart enough to put new weatherstripping in? I have what seems like enough dismantled inside the door to get it out, but the main window is making it too tight to slide out (like you can on some other types of doors). Apparently I must take everything out just to get the vent window assembly out?

I can build motors in my sleep but can't take a damn door apart!:D

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
You have to take the window stops out,crank window down in to the door. Three or r screws on the front side door and remove wing vent adjuster. Lean the wing window towards the door opening and gently remove the assembly.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
There a few you tube videos on the vent window rebuilt on similar GM vehicles.
I rebuilt mine using Metro weather stripping.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to take the window stops out,crank window down in to the door.
I think this is the part that I'm confused about. Anyone seen any videos on this part? I'm trying to not take EVERYTHING apart just to paint it, but starting to sound like that may be the easiest way to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
When I had my 65 painted- I took everything out of the doors.
If you do take everything out make sure you label the drivers and passengers side window mechanisms- I had a lot of fun until I realised I had the sides mixed up when I was putting my new glass in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts