Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting to look and repair the wiring for the whole car. The tailight harness has different bulb housings---if they will work I will leave them---if not should I use the plastic or metal ones? Down from where the front harness plugs into the tailight harness there is a brown wire with a single plug--where does it go? And the pic with the green and purple and two black wires---the black had two wires with one black wire coming out from the tape at this junction---how long should it be and to where does it go........Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The only answers I have are to use metal housings (I tried the plastic ones and they are JUNK!)...and the single brown wire is for the fuel level sender. The grommet goes in the hole of the cargo area dropoff in the drivers' side quarter panel and then the sending unit wire plugs into it under the vehicle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just starting to look and repair the wiring for the whole car. The tailight harness has different bulb housings---if they will work I will leave them---if not should I use the plastic or metal ones? Down from where the front harness plugs into the tailight harness there is a brown wire with a single plug--where does it go? And the pic with the green and purple and two black wires---the black had two wires with one black wire coming out from the tape at this junction---how long should it be and to where does it go........Thanks

The plastic light housing with one green wire is a back up light. I used metal ones for tail/brake and back up. The two wire ones I got from napa are cool in the fact that you can take the bulb out and switch polarity which helped cause I wasn't sure which wire went to which wire I had them wrong the first time pulled the bulb turned the housing and then they worked right I also used an o-ring around the tabs on light housing for a little extra seal

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any thoughts on the black wires with the single coming out of the tape and this junction---and where does it go? Look at the pic....thanks ......Lee

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just worked on my 63 moredoor my black wire split into 3 one for each tail light and one for license plate light

Good luck

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any thoughts on the black wires with the single coming out of the tape and this junction---and where does it go? Look at the pic....thanks ......Lee
The green and purple wires with the two black and a single black at a solder crimp---I think there was a single black that came out of the harness at the crimp---was this the plate light you mentioned--if so we got them all figured out.......thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts