Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a picture of the regulator assembly in the tailgate of my 62 nova wagon. The body shop I had it at went out of business and I am left with all the parts but I have no idea how it goes back together. Thanks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Do you want a picture of a manual or power Assembly?

Someone also posted some awsome news that blazer electric tailgate motors and or assemblys fit out wagons !!!

Manual Tailgate handle?
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38632

Let us know, we longroofers are a wierd bunch !!
:)

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hawk,
I'm not sure what you are lookig for exactly, but here are some pics of the Manual Reg.

Let us know if you need more?

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the picture....Would anyone have a picture of the regulator assembled in the gate...with the tracks and rollars and everything assembled. I didn't take mine apart some one else did. I hate to be a pain in the A**
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hawk,
Don't take offense, but I think you are making it harder then it should be. Once you set the assembly in place, it bolts to the inside back of the tailgate. Use the 6, 7, 8... bolts that line up. The tracks (2 of them) slide on the rollers and once you slide your glass down the channel, it bolts to the tracks.

Really, there is nothing more that can me said to help, that I know of.

I can break out the glass channel and tracks and take pictures incase you think you are missing something, but it's pretty straight forward.

Let us know and we can help !!

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
Someone also posted some awsome news that blazer electric tailgate motors and or assemblys fit out wagons !!!

-Brent Thomas
Ohio
I had someone pm me asking questions about the other thread. (not you, Brent). He also mistakenly said Blazer. Just to keep the info correct, I said Suburban, check the thread and drawings. All the blazers i've seen had cable drives and will not direct fit the c2 wagons. That said maybe some blazers will work, but I can't confirm that.
Rich

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Rich,
You are soooo right !!!

I remember now, you did say Suburban, because I misspelled it on my first ebay search. :D

Sorry, yes, SUBURBAN !!

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not taken the wron way at al....i have 2 peices that are alike...they are about 8 inches lony and about 1 inch wide ...maybe the rollars on the regulator go in them ...but where do they hook to in relation to the tracks on each side of the gate...thanks again

·
Registered
327 Posts
Put the regulator in, then the two pieces slip over the plastic rollers on the regulator arms. Then they get bolted to the window channel, perpendicular to the tracks on the sides of the gate. Hope I helped.

Chopper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts