Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My drunk dad backed into my Nova and he cruched up the tail panel. It is a 73 and I custom fabricated a flat panel where the license plate goes so it somewhat resembles a 68-72 tail panel. Now I cannot reuse what I have so I decided to buy a new tail panel to put in its place. I want to go with a 68-72 panel. The parts suppliers say 68-9 and 71-2 are different. What is the difference and which one would weld in easier?

Thanks,
wes

·
Registered
673 Posts
well, a 73-4 has different tail lights than a 72 or earlier, and the bumper is different. I couldn't tell you if the earlier version would fit or not. I would think they would, but DO NOT take my word for it.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Joe said:
The Difference between the 68-69 and the70-72 is the Tailight Size.
Joe
And the affects the length of the panel. 68/69 are 39.75 inches long and the 70-72's are shorter.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I though you meant the Rear Body Panel that the Lights mount in.If so it is the same lenght with different cutouts for the Lights.If you meen the Finish panel for SS and Custom Models then Denny is correct,70-72 is shorter.
Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tail lights mean nothing, i can buy them for whichever tail panel I get. I am just worried about which panel to buy. I am replacing the whole tail panel. My 73 is 60" (5ft) wide. How wide is the 68-9 and 70-2? Which one will work?

thanks A TON! ;)
-wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts