Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. with my 73', im not going for a stock look. So i plan on doing a 70 front end but i also need a new tail light panel and i saw jmcleek's nova and it got me thinking. wut about a 70 tail also. How differcult would it be to make it work? i kno the filler neck would cause a problem but i wouldnt mind fuel celling it.. so what r your thoughts? good/bad. and any ideas. thanks

Sean

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Could you use the earlier style tank? If you replace that panel and use the other style bumper there won't be a place for the filler necck at all. You will have to use the behind the licence plate style.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
You might have to modify the tank. You can have them hot tanked and weld the other style filler neck to it or modify what you already have to make it work.

·
Registered
328 Posts
These parts being in good shape is a plus, the section of the panel behind the bumper that runs under the filler neck will need change(altered) because it will interfer with filler neck going out the bumper. A few guys that used the 68-72 bumper (didn"t change tail panel just filled plate recess) just altered the filler neck. They cut it off and used a hose to atach it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, so the filler neck mod is noted. Now will the pre 73' tail just weld right in? Cut the old one out and weld the new one in. Then do the filler neck mod, get the bumper and brackets and drill new holes for the brackets?

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts