Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a full tail panel for a 1st gen?? I see Goodmark has them for 66+ but not 62-65.

Mine looks to be all "bondo'd" and I'd like to replace it with real metal.

If none are available, how have others repaired theirs??

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Same problem I had when mine was in the body shop getting ready for paint. My body shop man suggested a doner car. Could not find one. He "fabed" a new one. I paid alot of labor time for it too. I do not think anyone makes one,but good luck anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was in the same boat. I waited on the '66 tail panel to be released before starting the back of my car. You may want to contact Goodmark or Dyna Corn to see if they will be offering a tail panel soon.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
There isn't a tail panel available for a 1st gen and probably wont be. However the tail light housings are available through DII and can be found on ebay every now and again. You'll need to look for those or as stated earlier for someone with a donor car who is willing to cut it off, I did one once and it is alot of work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
call dale from novasrus I think he has one for sale
Does anyone make a full tail panel for a 1st gen?? I see Goodmark has them for 66+ but not 62-65.

Mine looks to be all "bondo'd" and I'd like to replace it with real metal.

If none are available, how have others repaired theirs??

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
There isn't a tail panel available for a 1st gen and probably wont be. However the tail light housings are available through DII and can be found on ebay every now and again. You'll need to look for those or as stated earlier for someone with a donor car who is willing to cut it off, I did one once and it is alot of work.
Another old thread dug up from the crypts. Although the center is still not repro'd, I feel the need to correct the above since Dynacorn is no longer the only one producing the tail light housings, Goodmark has had them for quite some time now.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the site, and be aware that 63-Hardtop posted that question 3 years ago ;).
Yes, Yes I did. :)
Never did get mine fixed. I have spent my time/money getting mechanical and interior stuff done. Once I get ready for the body work, I guess I'll just look for a donor car/part to get this fixed. But if someone makes it before I get that far, that would be much easier.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, Yes I did. :)
Never did get mine fixed. I have spent my time/money getting mechanical and interior stuff done. Once I get ready for the body work, I guess I'll just look for a donor car/part to get this fixed. But if someone makes it before I get that far, that would be much easier.
good luck bro.i live in norcal were it doesnt snow or rain in my area much
i looked for that panel for five years all over before i found one GOOD enough
to use.even in calif. those panels are 9 times out of 10 rotted or all bent up by the rear bumper being smashed into it.this PART NEEDS TO BE REPOPED

DON
NORCAL GROUP

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
1 would think that as popular as our cars have gotten and the fact that 99.9% of the cars still out there that have not been repaired by now need this part, the after market guys (Dynacorn or others) would jump on this market and fab it up for us. I need that part also and last guys attempt was o.k but not to my likings.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
rear body panel

Found a rear body panel here on Steves, got it from Plumrat. Had it blasted and then welded it in with new Goodmark quarters , and tail light pockets. Not real easy but do-able.

sandblasted rear body panel

1st mock up after etching and epoxy primer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts