Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13,712 Posts
This is a rare tail light from a 62-64 Canadian built Acadian station wagon. Unlike the equivalent Chevy IIs, Acadians had the backup lights in the bumper, so the tail lenses were red top and bottom. This earlier post of a poor rotting Acadian wagon in the bush shows them: http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37809
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I would be careful with that seller. He is also selling "Beaumont" taillights which actually for a Canso. I sent him an Email to tell him about it and this was his response,

Hello Henry

Thanks for the info, I throw in the name Beaumont in the ad becous the Beaumont guys always have friends with Acadians.

regards
Keith - - - pegpart

He is trying to ruin his 100% positive feedback rating.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Bob, Is the tail light housing the same as the Nova wagon? It is just the one lense that is different.

novamaniac

·
13,712 Posts
novamaniac said:
Bob, Is the tail light housing the same as the Nova wagon? It is just the one lense that is different.
novamaniac
The seller says this piece is annodized aluminum, which would lead me to believe the bezel is the same as the Chevy II. The tail light bezels on the Acadian sedans/hardtops/converts were totally different than Chevy IIs (arrow shaped) and were chromed pot metal. Perhaps one of the Acadian guys can tell us for sure. The next question is, will the same red lense that's in the top also fit the bottom?
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
The red lense on the chevy IINova wagon lens has the spot for the smaller lens. So it will not work. You might be able to cut the red lens and make it fit on the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts