Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to get my 70 nova ready for the road but i am having a problem with the lights at the rear of the car. everything works as it should but the brake lights, rear flashers and rear signals. the tailights, front flashers and front signals work fine. as far as i can tell it has the corect bulbs 1157, they are old but look to not be burned out. the previous owner added butt splice connectors for some reason, (maybe a mouse chewed them). also does anyone know what the yellow and green wires are in the pic that are loose? just wondering if anyone had any ideas or similar problems. any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
did you check your brake light switch? unplug it and run a jumper wire from side to side, see if the lights come on then. check your fuses? check to see if you have power at the switch?

·
14,585 Posts
Try backing out/moving the brake light switch toward the drivers seat. The switch may be out of adjustment and just not making up electrically.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i picked up a brake switch at the salvage yard as i was getting some other things anyway. got home and plugged it in and no difference. i also thought since none of the other signal or flasher lights worked in the back it must not be the brake switch. i will check it to see if it is getting power though. i am wondering if one of the wires that were reconnected are crossed up.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replys guys, i got it going. the yellow and light green wires that were lying loose were what i needed. yellow=left signal and the light green=right signal. this sticky was very helpful in figuring out what the wires were(Call for all Generation Wiring Schematics) at the top of this page. so having those not hooked up was like not having the switch hooked up like you said novabro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts