Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I can only speak for the first gen brake light switch and am assuming yours is the same but it is a "normally open" switch and closes when the plunger is released by depressing the brake pedal. It sounds like you have a "normally closed" switch that is allowing the brake lights to remain on until the pedal is depressed allowing the plunger to extend turning off the brake lights. On a single pole switch it makes no difference which way the two wires are plugged in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id say about 3 months proud owner of my 74 custom

yea i jsut got my nova id say about 3 months i never really drove it at night ...till recently i got it running right.... one day my friend wanted to drive it i said fine as they took off the lights are on they came to a stop light they slow down and only my right tail light went on no biggie ...i check the bulb it was burnt changed and still nothing its on when iam driving turns off when i brake ...ill check the switch thanks guys iam a noob...so i dnt even knw where to look for it ..iam learning as i go never was into cars till i saw my first nova at irwindale ...they jsut look mean :yes::D:cool: .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts