Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still putting my Yellow 65 back together after getting it painted .Put the rear bumper on pluged the tag light Up & not working , took a test light Grounded to the bumper have power , put bulb back still doesn't work .. Is it in the ground ???

. Later Larry Mc

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Still putting my Yellow 65 back together after getting it painted .Put the rear bumper on pluged the tag light Up & not working , took a test light Grounded to the bumper have power , put bulb back still doesn't work .. Is it in the ground ???

. Later Larry Mc
Hey Larry,
can you post a picture of your yellow 65ss...I wanna see:D

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Larry, if you have power at the socket, then yes, test for ground. One way is to run a jumper wire from a known good ground source to the socket and see if bulb works.

Frank
^^^ :yes:

Also - The lamp assembly grounds to the bumper via the two phillips screws. Quite occasionally, the screws get rusty/corroded and no longer make the ground. Remove, clean, and reinstall.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, For getting back, It's the ground I cleaned the housing put new screws on still not working guess I will run a wire from socket to body .
, Batman I don`t have a way right now to post pic. I will tell you it's NOT as nice as yours I didn't have all the moulding to start with & didn't hunt it .I build this 65 SS to sell But I had all the BAD( rust) ect body work cut out & New put back in .And if & when it's sold the buyer can put it back the way they want to & have a Great start. I did have Silver painted between the tail lights like the SS did not the fact color

, Later Larry Mc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts