Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a camaro T5 in my 63 4door, behind my L6, and have been collecting parts. Today I picked up a stock nova bellhousing, z-bar, and pedal assembly. All I need now, I think, is a clutch fork and throwout bearing. Where can I find the correct clutch fork, and how do I tell which throwout bearing I need? I would greatly appreciate links to similar builds. Thanks,

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
you'll utilize the stock ChevyII fork, sixer & V8 are the same... the T/O bearing will be a standard item also, use the bearing that's recommended by the clutch company you choose...

make sure you stay with a 153 tooth flywheel too...

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
If ya have any questions about it these guys do alot of T-5 swaps and have done one in a 63 nova behind a v8. They have a ton of parts and knowledge. accurate-performance.com

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Your going to have to either modify your crossmember or build a wedge shim for the trans mount. And get a shifter adapter that will straighten out the shifter since the tranny sits in the camaro at an 18 degree angle and the nova bell housing will throw it off

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your going to have to either modify your crossmember or build a wedge shim for the trans mount. And get a shifter adapter that will straighten out the shifter since the tranny sits in the camaro at an 18 degree angle and the nova bell housing will throw it off
Yep. I'll have to fab a new one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I keep going back and forth between doing a hydraulic setup, or mechanical. I have almost all of the factory chevy II linkage, but I'm thinking it will get in the way of the exhaust. Thoughts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts