Hey Darren . . . . I like those pictures . BUT - - - Your Nova IS A 63 . . . correct .
Let's start at the top - - - were you going too use a stock manual clutch linkage ? That Bellhousing looks to be for a " 9 o'clock throw-out bearing release arm" .. (maybe just looks 'crooked' in the picture) . Look on the pass.
side & there should be a GM Number - - ? The 63 Gen Nova uses a bellhousing with a ' 7 o'clock ' "hole" . Hey, I'm just asking ?
Then, I do have some pictures . . . . with my (3rd gen) Bellhousing & Saginaw 4sp trans mounted together - - - which should work . Meaning ; you can see just how much of the
input shaft sticks out passed the " Face of the B H " .
# 1 - -
# 2 - - GM bellhousing number " 403 "
# 3 - -
and, I did have other pictures showing the "measurement" on the front input shaft .
I'll have too look around . Give me a picture of u'r trans . . . looking into the B H from the 'front angle' .
This is just more of that - - FYI . Look at post # 63 (above) picture # 1 . . . u'r looking at the (orange) bellhousing & that trans - - - - - "they are Sitting Square" (straight together) . (the bellhousing IS straight - - - the transmission IS straight ).
Go back to - page # 1 . . post # 19 . . . your T 5 trans . Look at the 'Camaro T 5 trans & Camaro BH . . . . . look across the area , just above that "connection" of THAT B H ; compare the area of that T 5 trans & area of that B H .
You do know - - that "the Camaro T 5 trans bellhousing TILTS the transmission (like) 17 * to the drivers side of the car" . . . . look hard at post # 19 , too see that.
Now, with your new B H , & trans bolted together - - - - put a 'Level' across u'r 'shifter box' . . . and , it may also be "TILTED" some.
The 'new adaptor plate - does straighten up' the main part of that 17* 's . . . . . but, u'r shifter box . . . . may still have some Tilt . (just so you know) . That
Tilt . . may affect your floor 'shifter hole' . double check that when your are marking that area .
I did - not have that issue . . . . . no big deal . . . . . just be aware .
For 'Cutting & Modding' u'r cross-member . . . . . . I would suggest that you do those type mods = = = as you go = = = to make sure they fit your
application . . . (my mod's worked for my car - - your's need too work with your Nova) . My c/m mod's just show how you " could " make things fit ; and,
gives you some - "in-put" . You need to also check your " trans slip - yoke " . . . . they made all types of T 5's . . . . check u'r "rubber trans mount" to fit .
This will also apply for your "drive - shaft" . . . . . . . . you will need too cut-down your drive-shaft . Do that after everything else fits - - - The machine shop
told me - - - "How He wanted the D/S measured from . . . . . some guys may measure different ; he, also DID Balance my D/S after I installed new
U-joints . . . . . . cover all the bases . . . . . 'pre-fit all the parts , before installing : fit your 'pilot bushing , make sure it fits the in-put shaft ' Tip ' ,
clutch disc , Fits the input-shaft splines , B H to back of block , Make sure the BH fits over the "guide - dowel-pins" , trans mount to position , slip-yoke ,
fits on to u'r tail-shaft , ect. - - - - GM made millions of these - - check yours ! !
Then, all together - - -- I used "Royal Purple Syn. ATF " - - - - DO NOT Use Gear-oil (No 90 wt lube) . you can pour ATF into the top shifter hole , until it runs out the side "fill-hole" . . . . and, u'r Golden . . . . . . .
Hey Jim, The bell housing I’m using is gm 14060627 the same as the one in WaterDog’s car. It does put the transmission on a tilt. In the pic the trans is sitting straight and bell is tilted to the passenger side and the clutch fork should sit at 7 o’clock. In post #35 WaterDog has pictures of the shifter going through the floor, but with the adapter plate I would think mine will sit about 5/8 back more than his. As far as the linkage I am going to use the stock linkage. I am still getting parts, linkage, clutch and fork, flywheel, etc... Your pic of the c/m are a great reference and starting point for me. I am trying to set up a welder to come in and do some work on drivers floor, floor supports and old shifter hole at the same time I start to mock up the transmission. So that is going to take some time to set up. I will take some more pictures of the front of the bell. Thanks for the pictures of the input with the straight edge across the bellhousing, I guess it would be a good idea to check my th350 when it comes out.
Oh yea thanks for the neutral safety switch link
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, when I installed my 'change-over pedals - - - I DID remove my front bench seat ( too give me room to get under my dash) . "Remember Above " . . . I said too check
"The Fit" for each item . . . . . Well I checked that my 'brake m/c pin would fit my m/c rod & clevis - - it did fit . BUT, I didn't check that brake 'pin' in my new brake pedal . . . . . that pin would not fit the hole in my new brake pedal - - - - - - after I had it installed = = Yes - I had too remove my new brake pedal and drill out that hole correctly. ( see what I mean) . . . . Then, hooking up that 'clutch safety switch was a huge - pain' . . . that small 'rod & clips' ( that's just why I removed my seat - laying on my back) .
Just a heads-up . . . . keep gathering those parts & that will help too have everything on hand , 1st .