Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a T5 in an early model nova?? If so can you post a picture of the crossmember or post were you purchased it.

I called classicchevy5speed and they said that they will not sell theirs of say were they buy it from.

I would like to buy one if it is reasonable, or just make one.

-Rob

·
Registered
92 Posts
Found this thread looking for the same information as JONGAGE. Somone has to have a lead on where to find this crosssmember or if another crossmember will work. Please let us know...

·
Registered
990 Posts
http://www.classicindustries.com/nova/parts/n16002.html

I had this crossmember in my 62 vert with a Tremec 3550 5 speed. The crossmember is supposed to be for a 700R4 but it fit my car perfectly. I just replaced it when I installed a Heidt's 4 link cause the new sub frame connectors had tabs welded on for a crossmember to mount so I used theirs.

I was just getting ready to post a for sale ad. I will take $100.00 plus shipping if your interested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There a couple of answers to this questions and it depends what exactly your setup is.

If you are running a T5 our of a S10 or Blazer and your are running a conventional bellhousing/scattershield, a 700R4 crossmember should work.

If you are running a T5 our of a F-body and your are running a tilted 82-92 F-body bellhousing/scattershield (Tilted 17* CCW), a 700R4 crossmember should work.

If you are running a T5 our of a F-body and your are running a conventional bellhousing/scattershield, a 700R4 crossmember should work, but it will need to be modded to account for the non-rotation of the transmission and mounting pad.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I had an S10 five speed in my 65 with a modified stock crossmember. Give me an email adress and I will send some pics. It isn't a difficult modification.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the info! I have an 88 S-10 T5 that I plan to use behind my inline 6 to replace the 3-speed manual that I have now. ART T, I sent you PM with my email address for some pics of how you modified your stock crossmember. I appreciate the lead on the 700r4 crossemember and will keep it in mind if the modifications on the stock one don't work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts