Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so the wiring is still ongoing on my project... Yeah I'm really slow!

Anyways, I ran across the backup light wire in my AAW kit and remembered that I have never had reverse lights. Probably because there is no switch on my tranny! :doh:

So, does anybody know how to put a switch on a T-10 with a Hurst shifter?

Is it one of these kits or both?

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corv...ket-kit-with-t-10-transmission-1963early.html
http://store.summitracing.com/parts/huu-2480003

Thanks for the help!
Gary

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I made one with a piece of sheetmetal I had laying around and a $7 starter switch from autozone after I saw the Hurst drawing. Works as good as the Hurst $50 version.

·
Registered
150 Posts
t10...

How funny, I was just wondering this myself because I was planning on hooking up the reverse lights on my car. :eek:

Brian

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I'll try to remember to snap a picture of mine tonight. The only drawback I can think of is the switch I bought isn't weather proof and may fail after a while. But I don't drive the car in the rain so I figure it won't make a difference.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
seal it/waterproof it... i'd imagine something like "Plasti-dip" would work... just mask off terminals and threaded barrel and dip it. ;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Finally got around to snapping a picture of my reverse light switch bracket. When I crawled under the car I noticed the bolt holding the bracket on was backed out all the way and about one joy ride from me losing the switch, bolt, and spacer. My car likes to take itself apart????? :confused:

The tab on the bracket above the switch is there to keep it from moving away from the shifter linkage when I put it in reverse.

I used a jigsaw to cut the metal and a small bench vise to bend it.
The switch is a starter switch from Autozone.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Finally got around to snapping a picture of my reverse light switch bracket. When I crawled under the car I noticed the bolt holding the bracket on was backed out all the way and about one joy ride from me losing the switch, bolt, and spacer. My car likes to take itself apart????? :confused:

The tab on the bracket above the switch is there to keep it from moving away from the shifter linkage when I put it in reverse.

I used a jigsaw to cut the metal and a small bench vise to bend it.
The switch is a starter switch from Autozone.

I like that! Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks good! Just like the diagram. I ended up ordering the Hurst switch from Summit, they had them for $25. Decided to be lazy on this one.... I'll take some pics of it once I get it in there.

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts