Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on BB 1969 nova with a 4 speed. The car has factory disc in the front and drum in the rear.

Due to my engine making less vacuum,I'm switching my power brakes over to manual. Which means I need to move my brake rod to the upper hole in the brake pedal. By doing this I had to remove the brake light switch bracket that was bolted onto the brake pedal. My question is there a different bracket that bolts to the bottom hole ?? Or does the brake pedal it's self active the brake light switch ??

Another issue I'm having is the proportion valve and the brake hold valve. They are currently bolted to the bottom of the master cylinder. By removing the brake booster, it looks like the proportion valve and brake hold on valve will be hitting the wire harness and the clutch rod. Where should they be mounted ?? Thanks for the help !!!

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
Just a thought here...is there a way to modify the booster and just use it as a huge "spacer" between the pedal and master? This way you could leave the booster in place and not have to change everything else around it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
CEW- I already have everything switched over to manual brakes except the brake light switch. I had to move the brake rod to the upper hole to get the correct brake ratio. But by doing this I had to remove the brake light switch bracket that was mounted to the upper hole. Is there a different bracket that uses the bottom hole or is the brake light switch activated by the brake pedal without a bracket ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts