Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this might be a simple problem but im still going to ask again to not make mistakes. My headlights and dash lights turn on like the cluster and wiper lights. But the high beams, side markers, tail lights come on and so do the oil, eng, and temp. I already checked the headlight switch. Any suggestions would be great.

·
6,682 Posts
Hey this might be a simple problem but im still going to ask again to not make mistakes. My headlights and dash lights turn on like the cluster and wiper lights. But the high beams, side markers, tail lights come on and so do the oil, eng, and temp. I already checked the headlight switch. Any suggestions would be great.
I wonder if you have maybe lost a ground on the instrument panel ?. I don't know how a missing instrument panel ground would make other lights in the panel react but I know if you were to loose a ground on let's say a left rear taillight socket that contains a dual filament bulb for parking lights, turn signals, and brakes then when the parking lights are turned on, 12 volts is being sent to the rear bulb for the parking light bulb but now without this bulb socket having a ground, it finds a ground through the turn signal filament and now the left turn signal bulb in the dash comes on.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts