Chevy Nova Forum banner

Swingout doorbar on roll cage.

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  GMPartsman 
#1 ·
Anybody got swingout bars on their roll cage? Could i see some pictures? Debating on putting them on my 72. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
No pics but I did have them on my car for 5 years, they were more of a pain IMO than welded bars. When the bars were removed I would always hit my shin on the tab the the bar bolted to (i had the alston kit). It is also one more thing to forget to put in the car before going to the track. The biggest reason against them for me was you loose major chassis ridigity by not having a welded diagonal bar. I had my new diagonal bars slightly lower but still nhra legal, but to make things easier to get in and out of the car I now have a tilt column.

#7 · (Edited)
Mark ...I edited this reposnse once I got home to post new pics for you.

The window net is not really attached to the swing out bar, only in one area and even that is not a permanent fix mount. the net is pretty much on a hinge, that allows it to fold out of the way when unbuckled. Make sense?

here are some better pics...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.