Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if everyone runs these on their sway bars? they say they keep the bar from moving. so then what are the end links and bracket bushings for?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
just wondering if everyone runs these on their sway bars? they say they keep the bar from moving. so then what are the end links and bracket bushings for?
Dont know what you are referring to- pics would help!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yeah, Im kinda lost. Just going off the topic header, "sway bar sleeve brackets".. I fixed up some brackets for my sway bar. Sleeved brackets.. But really, some more info would good. JR

The brackets...

I grooved the sleeves for grease.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
year one sells them. they bolt to the frameand you use a rubber insert around your sway bar next to the sway bar bracket. it is suppose to keep the sway bar from moving side to side.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
year one sells them. they bolt to the frameand you use a rubber insert around your sway bar next to the sway bar bracket. it is suppose to keep the sway bar from moving side to side.
You want the sway bar to move side to side as the plane it moves on is not perfectly vertical. Do you have a link to the part on year one's website? I could not find what you are referring to.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
You want the sway bar to move side to side as the plane it moves on is not perfectly vertical. Do you have a link to the part on year one's website? I could not find what you are referring to.
Really? Mine is LOCKED in, not gonna move laterally. What kinda issues may I be looking at? I have spherical bearing rod ends for the link bars, maybe that will take up the possible binding issues due to tilt. But I have other cars with standard rubber bushing mounts for the bar and standard rubber bushed links and I can tell you, the bar has not shifted in the bar mounts. I would like to hear more. JR

·
Registered
329 Posts
sway bars rotate up and down, but you have to anchor them to the body so they will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts