Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find an ADDCO front and rear sway bar kit for my 79. In the Jeg's catalog and on their website I can't find any listings. Will the bars for a 70-81 Camaro fit? Also would like opinions on size. I'm considering 1 1/4" front and 1" rear. Any other suggestions or info on what others are using will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Using ADDCO in my 72 and happy with it. Just make sure the front one is bigger than the rear one.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I have a 1 1/4" (front) off of a Trans Am that I got out of a junk yard. The rear I got from Year One. Classic Industries has it too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the helpful responses. Does anyone know if a rear bar from a first gen Camaro will fit?

4GOTTEN1, Which rear bar did you use? I don't see 4th gen listings in either Year One or Classic.

Philip, thank you for the offer but I'm interested in a bolt on rear bar for now.

Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I missed it the first time I looked. Classic Industries does have front and rear bars. I ordered 1 1/8" front (part # FSB883) and 3/4" rear (part # RSB226). I'll update after I install them.

dlezama...you mentioned using #226 in your 77. Did you have any installation problems?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
582 Posts
I missed it the first time I looked. Classic Industries does have front and rear bars. I ordered 1 1/8" front (part # FSB883) and 3/4" rear (part # RSB226). I'll update after I install them.

dlezama...you mentioned using #226 in your 77. Did you have any installation problems?

Thanks,
Mike
Didnt install it, was doing an OEM resto and wanted the original type bar. Instructions looked simple though. I still have it, but dont offer it for sale as shipping from Mexico to the US is too expensive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just thought I'd provide an update. I finished installing the front and rear sway bars in my 79. Installation was straightforward, had no real issues. I did a test drive after putting in the front bar. There was a very noticeable handling improvement, a lot less body lean and felt smoother and more stable. I didn't notice much more of a difference after the rear bar was in. I'd definitely recommend at least a front sway bar upgrade as simple, effective and good value for the money.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My car still has the stock exhaust, single inlet on the passenger side, single outlet behind the left rear wheel. There were no interference issues at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts