Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im putting in a rear sway bar now, last lil bit for the rear section. I have run into a lil snag.

Its a splined torsion bar. I have the frame mounts for the bar done. My issue is arm orientation. I think the arms should be parallel to the ground?? But Im coming up with too little room.

The distance from my frame to the axle mounts is less than I thought. Bout 3" eye to eye on the links would put the arms horizontal. But I can only fit 4" of link length in there (no shorter) where I want to put the tabs.

So I have read that the links should be at 90 degrees to the arms. I can get the links at 90 degrees to the arms but it puts my end bars pointing up a lil, almost two degrees from parallel to the frame, bout 1.5 degrees.

Whats more important?? Horizontal on the arms or 90 degrees arms to links?? I just hate welding any more tabs onto the axle housing tubes, I have some great anchors points off of the tube I can weld to but that gives me a slight incline on the sway bar arms.

Any help? Thanks. JR

·
Vendor
4,082 Posts
I could be wrong about this, but if you are using rod ends I don't believe the 2 deg. difference should not be an issue. If you had just the bushing style of mount it would start to bind if it was not at a 90* to each other. JMO

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be wrong about this, but if you are using rod ends I don't believe the 2 deg. difference should not be an issue. If you had just the bushing style of mount it would start to bind if it was not at a 90* to each other. JMO
Ok thanks Chuck. Speaking of rod ends, I feel like I bought stock in QA1. Just counted, 16 rod ends in the back!! Thanks again, JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts