Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to swap my front clip and wanted to know if anyone had advice and or the order in which to best complete this project. Not sure if I have to completely remove entire front end or if I can leave anything together. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
What kind of front clip are you installing. Are you using all new brakes a arms. The reason I ask is I installed a Heidts on mine. I put everything together and reused the radiator support, grill and headlight buckets. I bolted it up and installed fenders and so on. Post up some pictures

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapping original 1970 x body with same used but straight front clip. My original has been dinged up pretty good and want to start over with clean slate. I will be adding tubular control arms when installing new clip. Already changed front suspension so everything is all new. When I had it aligned my mechanic pointed out few problems that could only be fixed by replacing front clip. Found used one in great condition for $200 so now I'm ready to rock. Just not sure where to start or how much I have to rip apart to change clip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you're talking about the front clip only and not the subframe then all you have to do is remove the radiator support bolts (the ones to the subframe). Remove the ones on the rear lower fender (one on each side) and then the four that connect the fender to the body (two on each side) disconnect the wires and the whole front clip comes out in one piece, fenders, inner fenders, hood, and radiator support. It took me aprox. 30 minutes to do.
Oh and remove the bumper too. I can post pictures later this week

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It can be done, but I prefer to remove the hood, and fenders separately as well as the rads support with the grill assembly. Keeping the the inner fenders bolt up and the grill and rad support as one unit save so time and work. Removing it as a whole tends to get tricky and can easily damage the paint, so if that's not a concern, then remove it as one. Jack it up high and remove the front wheels for extra clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts